Friday, October 22, 2010

Dear Kinzers,
We sure miss you but are glad we have all these really fun pictures to look at. You would be 9 months old today. Hard to believe that it's been 3 1/2 months. I used to think of heaven as above us but have come to find that it is right around us.
Brigham Young said, "But where is the spirit world? It is here...Do spirits go beyond the boundaries of the organized Earth? No, they do not. They are brought forth upon this earth, for the express purpose of inhabiting it to all eternity...If the Lord would permit it, and it was His will that it should be done, you could see the spirits that have departed from the world, as plainly as you now see bodies with your natural eyes."
Thus, Emma teaches me again. Right after Kinzie died, for weeks she would say "Mom, it's ok. Kinzie be back." I'd say not for a long time thinking of the millenium but then stopped saying that because I began to realize that I didn't want to teach what I didn't know. I know spirits can visit people in this world, usually in dreams, and didn't want to tell my daughter that was not or could not happen to her...especially if it was happening. I know children see much better than we do and maybe the veil between heaven and earth is much thinner for them. Maybe. I love both my girls as they teach me daily.
Daddy and Emma miss you too sweetie and think of you all the time!
Love, mom

4 comments:

Ericksens and their half dozen said...

Kara, what an example you are to me. Thank you for your encouraging words. I am so sorry for your loss. She is beautiful and I admire your strength at this time, Alena

Jamie said...

oh Kara, i cry every time I think about Kinzie and how special she is. I think about you daily and am inspired by your faith and understanding of Heavenly Fathers plan for us all. You teach us all that are blessed to know you. Love the cute picture and glad that you are able to enjoy those sweet memories. Love you!

Ashley Lugo said...

Kara, I think of you often and miss chatting with u so frequently. Kinzie, I miss u too. Love this picture of kinz, never seen it before. It sounds like Emma is doin a great job takin care of u! Hugs! Ashley

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Kinzie! I haven't seen that one either. I totally agree with everything you said Kara, Heaven is around us everyday! I know Emma was definitely supposed to be in your family and to be Kinzie's older sister. She has so much wisdom for such a little girl! I'm so glad we are part of your family too! We love you and we miss Kinzie.