Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Girls!

I wish I could say that Emma is always looking out for Kinzie's best interests but almost always would be pretty accurate. When we are in the car and Kinzie gags or cries, Emma always leans way over from her side and says, "Baby Ok Mom" or "Baby throwing up Mom, StoP!" She loves to hold her and every now and then still tries to pick her up when I'm not looking. She loves to lay on the floor by Kinzie and be "snuggle buddies." Today though was the best. It melted my heart. I was replacing the tape on Kinzie's face and Emma took the spare pieces and "wanted to be like Kinzie." I told Emma today that she is going to get to teach Kinzie everything she knows. Emma started to sing the ABCs very out of order, but very cute.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Very cute pix of the girls together. Emma is such a great big sister.

Jamie said...

my heart just melted reading your post. what a great big sister! i love how the bottom pic lookes like Kinzie is smiling at Emma, looking up to her big sis with adoration.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kara! I wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and Kinzie a lot lately. Kinzie definitely looks like she's grown, and she is the luckiest baby I know to have such a wonderful and caring mommy. Hope you are well! The girls and myself in the NICU think about you often and wonder how you're doing!

Jolynn Whitbeck