Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our Little Angel

Kinzie Danielle Allen
January 22, 2010 – July 3, 2010
Snowflake, Arizona

Our little ‘Kinzers’ came to us for a short time. Her mission was simple. She came to teach love and strengthen those who knew her. During her short 23 weeks with us, Kinzie endured many hardships but still learned to smile and laugh. Kinzie was a snuggler and everyone that knew her couldn’t help but love her. Her fight began during a blizzard. She was quickly transferred to Phoenix and became a fast favorite among the nurses and doctors at Phoenix Children’s Hospital during her 53 day stay. Her coping mechanism was faking out the doctors by feigning sleep…complete with a peek to check if they were gone. Her few months at home were filled with happiness despite numerous complications. Her sweet spirit and personality brought happiness to us all. She is sealed to her parents and sister and we know we will be reunited with her in time. We will miss our cuddle bug but know that she is in her loving Heavenly parents’ arms.

Kinzie is survived by her parents Cale and Kara Allen of Snowflake, sister Emma Allen of Snowflake, grandparents David and Lora Allen of Joseph City, and Scott and Rozanne Young of Spring, Texas. She is also survived by numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins.

A viewing will be held at Owens Livingston Mortuary on Thursday July 8, 2010 from 6-8 P.M.  Funeral services will be held Friday July 9, 2010 at 10 A.M. in the Snowflake Main Street Chapel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints located at 1st North and Main Street in Snowflake. In lieu of flowers, donations are being accepted in Kinzie’s behalf.

10 comments:

Xana said...

Our deepest loving sympathies, Our hearts and prayers go out to you during this time. You have shown us such loving endurance compassion and unconditional love through all Kenzie's stuggles, I know you will miss her more than one could ever express. All our love to you, Cale, Emma and your parents.

Logan and Shauna

Eric and Jill said...

I don't know if you'd remember me but we met in Alaska. You've been an incredible example to me, as has Kinzie, just from following your blog and hearing stories from Britt. I can only hope to deal with my problems half as patiently as she did. Our prayers are with you.

Jamie said...

we miss you sweet Kinzinator! our hearts are heavy cus we will your sweet presence but look forward to day we can all be together again. your mommy and daddy and big sis are an amazing family!

Jodi said...

Kara, I've been thinking about you all day today. My heart absolutely aches for you. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
Jodi

April said...

Kara, I am so sorry to hear about your baby girl. Brittany has kept me posted throughout her trials, and I have prayed for you and your family. I don't know what to say really, and I can't imagine your loss, but you and your family will be in our prayers, hopefully you can have the comfort you need.

Jolynn said...

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I feel so blessed to have been able to spend time with Kinzie in the NICU, and I miss her thunder thighs, rubber band wrists, angelic personality, and adorable outfits! She was such a fashionista! I'm not gonna lie- sometimes she scared me when she decided to play games with me and have one of her little episodes. However, 99.9% of the time she was a sweet angel, and I adored taking care of her! You will be missed, sweet Kinzie! Kara, Cale, and Emma...you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Walling Family said...

Cale and Kara -
Our prayers are with you and your family. You are an amazing woman who showed patience and strength through your blog post. Kinzie is an amazing little girl and she will be waiting for one day for your family to join her and live for eternity together.

sarah said...

Kara and Cale-
we are thinking of you guys today and wishing we could be there to celebrate Kinzie's life with you. thank you for being who you are and sharing her pictures and stories with all of us. you are in our prayers.-Sarah and Trent

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how hard this must be. My heart aches at the loss of your beautiful girl. You have always been so tough and able to be strong for everyone else around you even when you were little Kara. Remember to take some time for you. <3 you!

Mandy said...

Kara, Cale, and Emma, I don't know what to say, yet I feel like I need to say or do something. My heart aches. I love you so much. I want to ease your pain somehow, but I don't know how. My only source of comfort at this moment is my testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ's love for all of us. I don't know how to succor you, but I know He does. I pray that your family feels his loving arms around you at this time strengthening and sustaining you. I know that His angels are in attendance too, that includes your little angel Kinzie. He does not leave us comfortless. I know that through the blessings of Priesthood ordinances, made possible by the Atonement of Jesus Christ, your family will all be reunited together for eternity. I feel very blessed to have been there in the Temple that day when your were sealed for time and all eternity. Thank you for letting me be a part of that special day.