Friday, September 12, 2008

Emma "Cries Wolf"

Emma, like most little girls, has long since found that she can create a very loud, very high pitched scream! She took to practicing this art on our plane trip to Houston last month but since coming home it's been much more sparse! She now only does it to get my attention and to tell me to come play with her. Well, sometimes, I can't play (I have a house to run), and I put her in her pak-n-play and let her stand and watch me in whatever I'm doing. Well, this morning I was making myself some breakfast (French Toast) and she began to make her little squeal. I kept talking to her and telling her that she needed to hold on and let mommy finish what she was doing. Well, she kept squealing! I kept trying to distract her by talking to her and telling her what I was doing and smiling at her but she kept on squealing. Well, this all went on for about 3 minutes until I finally went over and picked her up. I knew that she had been working on a poopy diaper and decided she was ready to be changed. I went in her room and layed her on her changing table only to find that her PJ footies were wet. I thought it odd but figured she spilled something. Well then I started to unbutton her PJs and found that half her diaper had come unfastened either during the night or during the morning but needless to say was no longer holding anything in....and yes she had indeed finished pooping and luckily the remaining intact half of her diaper caught most of it. Unfortunately that was not the case for the liquid portion, hence the wet feet!

I started laughing because this was one time that a high pitched squeal is indeed warranted!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

hahah! that is so funny. I just love hearing how smart she is, I bet she was thinking "mommy, somethings very wrong here!!!!!" lol.
as long as you didn't stick her on a pizza box in the garage and spray her off with the hose! :)

Brittany said...

Can't you just wait till she can talk and she can tell you exactly what she is thinking...but by then she probably won't be in a diaper (well who knows she is a FAST learner).