Friday, September 12, 2008

Bat or Bird or Blinds?

Well, it is finally starting to cool down at nights to about the mid 50s. Thus, it is the perfect temperature to open the windows at night and save money by not running the A/C 24-7. So, two nights ago, we did this. However, at about 12:30am I woke up to some very loud flapping noises in the kitchen. Now for those of you who do not know, I have a slight fear of flying things with sharp beaks (thanks to my trip to Galveston and the movie "Birds"); however, I mustered the courage to get up and check it out. I made it to my bedroom door before I heard it again and freaked out and made Cale wake up and come with me. As we ventured slowly into the kitchen we kept hearing it by the window above the kitchen sink. So I crossed my kitchen floor about halfway in an effort to see the window better at which time I saw the blinds blowing in the wind! At that point, I realized that the noise was simply the blinds and thankfully not a bird or a bat! I'm use to the sound that horizontal blinds make in the wind but I've not had vertical blinds for awhile and didn't even think about what that noise would sound like. Well now I know - it sounds like bats invading yourkitchen!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oooo scary, i hate weird noises in the middle of the night. I freaked out the first night in our house because the new blinds had the safety card still tied to the string and the a/c was blowing it softly against the blinds- sounded exactly like someone was opening the window! massive heartattack