Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hobrook County Fair and Carnival

Cale always enjoyed the fair growing up. He claims to have gone every year and was excited to share the experience with his own daughter.
So, we invited Grandma Allen along and headed out. My main goal was to try a funnel cake which I was unable to do at the Taylor Sweet Corn Festival. I'd been looking forward to it for 3 weeks! ....and it was good!. I even saw how to make them and got a recipe online and will be trying it for a fun FHE soon. Anyway, here are some pics of the day. I just wanted to also note that although Emma is obviously too young to ride the carnival rides, she is apparently not too small for some. You have to be 28 inches for the carisal (sp?) ride and Emma is 28 1/2 inches tall!




I have to say that I am not a huge famy of reptiles unless they are ceramic or stuffed frogs so I kept my distance from this show!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

eewww, yuck! no snakes!
It looks like the fair was fun! cute pics of all you guys together!