Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Birthday!

I have the best husband in the world because he listens to what I say I need even if I didn't know I said it. Obviously, we have both been exhausted learning how to take care of our special little girl and keep up with our special little 2 year old, but we both know that it's been especially hard on mom since I do it for 13 hours every day while he's at work. He is wonderful at relieving me when he gets home but 13 hours is a long time. So anyway, my usual answer to "how are you" is "tired." Thus, for my birthday he rented me a hotel room...just for me. I know it sounds wierd to say that my present was a night away from him and my kids but it was wonderful and so needed. I went to bed at 10:17pm and woke up at 6:24am. I then went back to bed till 8am, went and got my included hot breakfast, and went back to bed till 10:30am. I had forgotten what it felt like to sleep in so late, to sleep with the sun shining outside, to sleep all spread out in a giant bed, and to not wake up every few minutes with every sound Kinzie makes.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU CALE! I LOVE YOU!!

P.S. The poor man was exhausted when I came home at 11!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

How wonderful! Isn't it funny how your desires change with a medically needy child? Sleep is heaven! What a fantastic husband you have!

Jamie said...

yay! sleep is a mothers best remedy. I'm so glad you got a night off for your birthday. Happy Birthday again! Love you :)

Ashley said...

What a thoughtful husband you have! He knew exactly what you needed, a good nights sleep to refresh and revitalize yourself! Happy birthday! Ihope the girls gave u extra kisses!

Brittany said...

how sweet.. and yes a little odd sounding.. but super sweet. Happy Birthday!

sarah said...

oh wow!!! props to Cale!! so glad you got a night away. Wow!! you can tell Cale that I'm going to brag and brag to Trent about what a stud he was to do that!! good for you! - Cale you've just made many a man jelous that he didn't think of that :)

sarah said...

weird...I just left this long detailed message about what a stud Cale is and it didn't post. darn.- to recap....I'm going to brag and brag to Trent about how amazing Cale was/is to do that for you! and Cale- your a STUD!! Kara, so glad you got a night off! :)