Sunday, October 16, 2011

Puzzle Mania! ~ September 2011

Emma has discovered puzzles.  She loves to go to the library because in the kid room they have tons of wooden puzzles and she'll sit for many minutes doing them and she can do them herself. 

Then one day it got very quiet in her room and I snuck around the corner to see what she was doing.  I was already bracing to be upset with her for something but instead found myself quietly ducking back around the corner to grab the camera. 

She was sitting on the floor of her room working so intently, patiently,
quietly, softly,etc.  I started video taping her and then snuck back out before she caught me so that she would finish her puzzle.  She did and came out with the biggest grin on her face and said, "Mom! Come see!"  She was then happy to pose with her finished 25 piece puzzle.  She has since moved on to 50 and 100 piece puzzles, all by herself.  The hard part is that I'll think she's gone to bed but I'll find her in the corner of her room doing a puzzle.  Now, how can I fault her when I am a crazy, puzzle nut myself and totally understand the drive to put just one more piece in!

**The middle picture is of her "angry eyes."  No, she's not angry but she'll often ask, "Do you wanna see my angry eyes?" 


We now bring a 100 piece puzzle to church and she sits quietly the entire 2nd half of sacrament meeting!  (She already sits and reads books for the first half)  Agghh. We now get to hear the speakers again. 



No comments: