I can't believe that my little girl is three! Her birthday was the 29th of February or March 1st this year but her party is Saturday so I'll wait to post the Happy Birthday post till then.
As she gets older though she just gets funnier! Emma continuously cracks us up with what comes out of her mouth. Some are so sweet, others so funny, some just unique and others purely manipulative! Here are some examples of late.
Sweet: While on a drive with Cale: "That cloud looks like a dragon and there's Jesus holding my Kinzie!"
Funny: "You think about it, Ok Mom?" I can't remember what I said "Maybe" to!
Manipulative: While in time out today: "Mom I love your shirt." (I ignored her) "Mom, that shirt is just so pretty. I really love it." (I had to leave the room and laugh) "I'm happy now Mom so can I get out of time-out?"
Trick or Treating (1st house): "mommy I got so much candy and this is only the first house!"
Emma is always saying, "When I grow up..." and multiple times a day she now stands on her tiptoes, stretches her arms up and says, "mommy, I'm growing bigger right now!"
At Walmart: (Mom) Walk right by me so you will be safe. Emma: "Ok, thanks for worrying so much about me Mom."
Mom, "Emma, can you have daddy help you get me some tomato sauce?" Emma (without missing a beat): "Tomato sauce, coming right up Mom."
Emma: "Mommy, I want Kinzie to come back home." Mom: "I know. I want her to come home too but she lives in heaven now with Jesus." Emma: "...and we gotta take turns."
While changing her dolly's diaper, "This baby is poopy Mommy. Got to change her....Ughh, that's dithgusting!" Then pinches her nose.
To Cale: "Daddy, you the best daddy. When I grow big, I wanna be a daddy like you. And when you grow little, you can be like me!"
Kara: "Emma, you are just so cute!" Emma: "Yeah, I am."
While driving to Show Low, "I getting soo tired mom."
Mom: "How did you get so big?" Emma: "I jumped up and down a lot!"
Recapping what happened when she went with Dad to rotate the tires: "...and daddy's car went up and up and up and up in the sky."
In reply to being told that she was still in time-out: "But, I gave you lots of kisses, Mommy (tilt head here)."
To Kinzers at the viewing, "It's ok. I know you gotta go." To her day care teachers EACH time she comes back from the potty, "I'm Baaacccckkkkk!"
During sacrament meeting, Emma was putting together a puzzle. After each piece she would exclaim, "I so smart!"
(Too funny not to post) -While pooping on the toilet, Emma would grunt, push, and then laugh per each success in one potty trip.
Oh Emma, we love ya!
3 comments:
What a cutie! Happy, happy birthday to Emma!!
Happy Birthday Emma, I still can't believe you are 3 years old. Just a little bit ago Brett and I were talking about when you were a baby and I used to watch you at me office. that seems just like yesterday. We love you and love reading all the funny things you say.
oh my gosh! cant believe she is three! Happy Birthday Emma! we love you and hearing all the fun stuff you say! haha cant wait to see pics, wish we could come to her party :)
Post a Comment