Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

This would be Kinzie's 2nd Valentines Day.  I was looking through her box of papers and binders and found all the cards and scrapbook pages that were made for her.  Her favorite nurses, Ashley, Becca, and Katie, had made her beautiful Valentines.  While looking at them it hit me that this would have been her second Valentine's Day and that from here on out we won't have any more firsts or missed firsts.  It was healing in a way to finally feel that point of passage in this journey.  We of course redecorated the grave and although it's simple, it feels like Kinzie.  Emma calls the grave Kinzie's Garden and I think we've all started calling that.  It sounds nicer and not so final which is nice since we know we will see her again and all be ressurrected when our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, comes again.  Regardless of which one comes first, we look forward to seeing you again.  Happy Valentine's Day Sweetie.   
 Emma was giving the balloons kisses but I kept missing it. I thought it was still cute.  She picked out the windmill herself and was so excited to put it in the "garden."  She's wanted it for such a long time. 
Emma sent out valentines cards to her cousins in Texas this year and was so excited to mail them herself.  She also made sugar cookies in the shape of hearts and a "heart person" cookie.  Happy Valentine's Day Emma!  We love you and your tenderness towards all people.  You are definitely a little angel, sometimes more red than white, but still an angel.  

2 comments:

Jamie said...

what a yummy cookie emma! Happy Valentines to you guys. love the new pics of Kinzers and Emma.

sarah said...

I love Emma's heart cookie person. you are such a fun mom Kara! miss you guys!