Our Dearest Kinzie,
You would have been one on the 22nd of January. Oh how we miss you but we had a good day. Emma tells me that you got our notes in the balloons. I envy her dreams and whether they are just that, dreams, or actual visits from you or to you, I continue to see her sweet spirit evident in the lasting effect of your love for her. Most of the time she is content to tell everyone about our baby but she hurts too. Just a couple days ago she started sobbing in the car (age 2 years, 11 months) and said, "Mom, I just want Kinzie to come back." All I could say was, "I know honey, I know. I do too," and try to drive through my tears. Although we ache for you, we also are beginning to understand how much joy can come from "opposition in all things." You truly can't understand joy without understanding sadness at some point. We think of you daily and love you forever.
Love, Mom, Dad, and Emma
Thank you to our dear friends and family who were with us on this day. The flowers were beautiful (sorry Brett and Brittany. Your flower basket was beautiful but hadn't arrived at the time of this picture) and the calls so appreciated. Cale's parents were able to come up and send a balloon to heaven too. It was a healing day and ironically not nearly as hard as the days that would follow.
We made a cute bunny cake and decorated your grave. Emma loves to do this and we do too. She loved this bunny cake (thank you Doug and Kim for the cake book!) and is so excited for her birthday.
1 comment:
oh what a sweet celebration for Kinzie! How i want Kinzie to come back to you also, someday it will be!
We love you guys!
Post a Comment