Monday, August 23, 2010

A letter home:  Dear Kinzers, you would have turned 7 months yesterday.  I know your work up there is very important so I won't keep you long, but wanted to let you know we think of you every minute!  :-)  We planted some pink flowers at your grave.  You looked pretty darn cute in pink...and purple...and red....ok, you looked good in anything.  Your siser was dancing around the house with your picture the other day and even turned the music up so that "Kinz could hear."  Love you always, mommy, daddy, and Emma

12 comments:

Kacie said...

Kara! Of course you can follow my blog! I am not very good at keeping it updated, but I am glad to see you have one! I had no idea you wee related to Heather! I hope your doing good. We need to get together sometime. It was always so fun talking to you at the games!!!!

Kacie said...

Also, my dear, I forgot to tell you how AMAZING I think you are. I have NEVER had a testimony touch me the way yours did. The day after Kinzie passed away right? I couldn't stop telling Koby how brave and faithful you are. I could NEVER hold up like you have. I am sure you have had some really hard times Kara, but you have done amazing. Although I am so sure it is hard to look at it this way, how lucky are you to know you have a Celestial Daughter up there cheering you on. That you have a perfect little angel waiting for you. Kinzie and Emma are very very blessed to have a Momma like you. I could have never handled that like you did. You are an example to me and everyone around you! I am here for you if you need anythig!!!!

Emily said...

What a perfect little angel. Happy 7th months Kinz! Can't wait to meet you someday!

Brittany said...

What a sweet little girl, I was totally thinking of her the other day as well.

I hope you are doing well, We include you in our prayers every night.

Love ya.

Anonymous said...

ive been missin her alot lately.... not fair.. :(

Anonymous said...

You are an Amazing Person! I needed this today, I needed to know that I"m not the only one missing my baby. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time visiting with you guys on Saturday Kara. :) Thank you for letting us join you at Kinzie's grave that day. It was so peaceful there and I too know that Kinzie is cheering you on and anxiously waiting for all of you to be together again. :) We love you guys

Jamie said...

i love the pic of you two at the park- you look like you are enjoying her soo much. We miss Kinzers too and love you guys tons! So glad we will all get to see her again someday and she can tell us about all the amazing work shes doing!

Liz said...

Kara, You don't know me but I grew up with your sistern in law- Trina. Trina is my oldest and dearest friend and helped convert me to the church when I was 17. She has shared the loss of her neice with me and asked if I would stop by your blog. Kara losing a child is the hardest thing that can happen to a parent. My own daughter lost her son at 8 months and 2 days old to SIDS. She was pregnant at the time and miscarried her baby as she watched her husband performing CPR on Sage. Sage has been gone 18 months now and our hearts still cry out for him. Crystal and I set up a memorial blog for Sage and she has recorded her journey and testimony from the beginning. This blog has helped many people and we invite you to visit it. I would encourage you to go back to the begining, by clicking on "older Posts", until you reach the beginning and just start reading her story. It helps to know and feel other LDS Angel mom's testimonies. Then on the side of her blog is a list of other LDS Angel Mommy blogs- visit their sites when you have time I promis you they will lift you up and help you on your journey. We have often said that grief is lonely because people either think you should be "over it" already or they simply just don't know what to say and some will even avoid you all together in an effort to avoid the uncomfortable feeling. It helped my daughter to reach out to these other women. She has made friends with people all over the United States. For some reason it has become her calling in life to help other Angel Mothers.
I am so very sorry for the loss of your little one and will keep you and your sweet family in my prayers.
Sage's blog: sagelawrenceeldredge.blogspot.com

Crystals family blog can be found at Sage's site.
My Family Blog is:
liz-family roost.blogspot.com

She just welcomed a new baby girl to her family a six days ago and they havent stopped holding her. She is bringing so much joy, peace, and healing to their family. Good times do come again. You will smile again. I noticed the title at the top of your blog. That talk and saying "Come What May and Love It" has helped our family so much. In fact her baby's middle name is "Mae" named after and Aunt and Grandmother but also reminds her of that talk/quote.

With prayer and Hope,
Liz

Jamie said...

i love the emma comments on the side! that girl is amazing what she comes up with!

Anonymous said...

hhaha... i luv your emma quotes on the side.. you will have to email them to me as im out on the mish. ... p.s i just realized we have the same background... great minds think alike.....now change yours... lol jk

Brittany said...

Funny that I went to comment on the quotes from Emma since there is no real place to comment.. and I happened to see that Jamie beat me to it.. DANG. Oh well. .I crack up everytime I read them, and I can even hear her sweet little voice saying them.

I have also been thinking lots about you and your family. Sorry I have not been great at keeping in touch. With Brett gone my hands have been full.. but no excuse. I just wanted you to know I think of you guys all the time and with Halloween right around the corner I am thinking of you even more.

Love ya.