Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Texas!
I did not drop off the face of the blogging world again, I did not feel the need to post for my family as I was with my family...in Texas!!!! I decided that I needed to see my family and they needed to see Emma so I conspired with my sister-in-law Brittany who is living with my parents right now (with my Brother too) to plan a baby shower for my sister Jamie but from a far here in Snowflake, Arizona. We researched a day that would work and everyone thought that I was just planning it but not coming for it. Well, in the end the secret spread to my mom and to Brittany's hubby, my brother Brett. Not bad though with so much family around. My mom even kept it from my dad! So, come Saturday night, my mom tells my dad that her sister is flying in and is stuck there in Houston for the night and could they go get her and let her spend the night. He thinks it wierd but agrees only to later see some lady not his sister-in-law waving like crazy right in his face! he finally focuses and the surprise begins! we then head home where Jamie is hanging out with the family. I got as far as the window next to the door before being spotted by Krista who runs screaming, "It's not Susan, it's Kara!!!!" It was wonderful. The shower went great. THe week was too short but lots of fun. everyone loved to see Emma so big and grown up and got lots of play time with her. Emma loved the trampoline and all of Grandma's toys!! We now need more toys, especially blocks. I miss them all already but am so glad I went. The surprise topped it off. i loved all the surprised faces!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We miss ya already Kara, can't wait till the next time we get to see you.
it was truly an amazing surprise.."are you Susan?" hahah
it was so great to see you guys and we miss you already. We can't wait to see you next time and Cale as well. We missed seeing him. Love you!!!
yes you guys defintely surprised us. it was a really fun, too short, week.
How fun! Hey, Will you ask Jamie and Brittany to send me invites to their blogs? Have them email me at justinandrayann@hotmail.com. Thanks! Did you ever get your package...I'm sorry it was so late. Hopefully Emma will still fit the clothes (and shoes especially)
Post a Comment