Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Cale!

Depsite his best efforts to keep it from happening, Cale has hit the big 3 - 0! 30 yippee!! He doesn't think so but I do. I think it is great for one of us to be out of our twenties and on to the next decade! It should also help us to no longer be seen as college kids. Apparently graduating is not enough. You must immediately land the career you just spent years learning about, make big money in any field, or turn 30 to no longer be classified as college students!

Emma and I threw a nice little party for him. Trust me, I had lots more planned until my husband informed me last week that he did not want a party! So, we cancelled all those plans (which were still in my head luckily) and moved to plan B. We made him some of his favorites for dinner, a yummy cake and had presents. Emma got her daddy some new pj pants and I got him the Back to the Future Trilogy. It was a low key night that we were able to enjoy all together but the best part was probably that Emma decided to give her daddy one more gift...and started walking! Congrats on 30 years of great achievements Cale!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

hey, lots of exciting stuff yesterday! I'm so happy for you guys, you have many, many great blessings in your lives right now :) congrats on 6 years of marriage and little Emma walking like a big girl and Cale hitting the big 30! hahah love you all tons!!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Cale. The big 30 huh? It could be worse. :)

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Cale. The big 30 huh? It could be worse. :)

Anonymous said...

thats soo awesome that she started walking around his birthday. that will always be remembered easily haha. p.s. i am envious of you two and the way i have watched your relationship grow into a little family with such ease and maturity. way to go! congrats to cale and to your both for your anniversary. Bonne chance pour la prochaine anne!

Alena said...

Thank you for leaving a message. I have thought of you. You have a darling family as well. My email address is 8isgreat@digis.net it would be fun to catch up. Take care, Alena

Jessica said...

wow thats cool! congrats on 6yrs. cales bday and emma walking!! thats really cool she started walking on cales birthday. you guys are amazing examples for me.

Sandstrom Party of 5 said...

It's fun to read about all the exciting things happening...now Justin's not the only one in his 30's...I'm sure he'll have some words of wisdom for Cale!