I planned my Thanksgiving meal to the t. I even included low fat items for my sensitive gallbladder. I went shopping Monday afternoon, bought a nice big 20 pound turkey and was going to make pies with a friend Wendesday afternoon. And then...
the pain came back Monday night. Two Lortabs and one hour later I fell into an exhausted sleep unitl midnight, woke up and was able to sleep the rest of the night. I went to work and was hit an attack after lunch....and then again that night. This attack started at about 8pm and by 11pm was extremely painful. I caved in and took 1 Lortab...no relief. I took the second and finally Cale convinced me to go to the hospital at midnight. It was dejavu!
We went straight to the ER this time. They checked me in within minutes and instantly put me in Labor and Delivery with a monitor on the baby. The pain killers were very slow in coming this time. The ER just keeps them coming. L&D, not so much. After my doctor arrived, who luckily was again already there on call, they decided to send me to Mesa again and make sure the ERCP was done this time. THat is the scope procedure to remove stones and expand the bile ducts.
An hour later, I was in Mesa hooked up to more monitors, IVs and more lab tests were taken. My labs this time were more than double what they were the first time they sent me! The ERCP was scheduled for Thanksgiving morning. No food or drink before it and nothing but clear liquids after it. Some thanksgiving. The hospital did give free Thanksgiving dinners to everyone else that day so Cale got some type of holiday dinner.
The surgery went well. They removed 6 stones that were in the duct. They are unable to go into the actual gallbladder to get any but atleast got all but 1 in the duct. THe 7th stone was unreachable but should pass easier now that they put in a stint to keep the duct open biggger. The gallbladder does keep making stones but takes a few weeks to do so so hopefully we can get closer to term for the deliivery of Kinzie.
We are back home today. Labs are back to normal for except 1 and that one is close. The are 5 times better than what they were last time they sent me home. We considered staying at a hotel to see if my gallbladder would act up again and that way we'd already be close to the hospital in Mesa, but we were already half way home. So I guess we will just have pray that this works for now. THank you again for all your prayers. We'll keep you updated.
1 comment:
Well at least you will never forget this Thanksgiving or Pregnancy right?
Hope you are feeling better and the stones stay far away. We'll keep you and the family in our thoughts ad prayers.
Post a Comment